Experience a tropical rainforest and coral reef just miles apart. Belize offers fascinating biological features that characterize these systems as you observe the interactions between humans and their environment. In the rainforest, see iguanas, howler monkeys and leaf cutter ants while gaining insight into the Mayan culture and its use of medicinal plants. On the coral reef, the longest in the Western Hemisphere, swim with brilliantly colored reef fish among the diverse assemblage of corals, sponges, and other invertebrates.
- Course-related activities and entrances fees
- Additional cultural program excursions
- Health and emergency evacuation insurance* (International Programs Only)
- On-Site Director's and staff on-site 24/7
Participants will reside in 3 different accommodation sites throughout Belize.
The Belize Zoo and Tropical Education Center offers comfortable dormitory style accommodations, which are equipped with hot and cold showers, restrooms, wash house and study area. All rooms have 110V outlets, ceiling or standing fans and fresh linen is provided.
Blue Creek is a small Mayan Village that offers rustic cabins, which vary in size and accommodate 2 to 10 individuals. There is no furniture, drawers or closets. Bathrooms with toilets and showers (water pumped directly from the creek) are located in a central common building. Virtually everyone bathes in the creek (with swimsuits) using biodegradable camp soap.
South Water Caye offers a dorm with bunk beds and restrooms with showers and hot and cold running water.
Participants will need to pack bed linens and towels, as they are NOT provided at Blue Creek and South Water Caye.
All meals are provided.
Group Travel Required
Travel together with faculty, staff and other participants from your CCSA program with our group travel. CCSA will purchase a airline ticket from select U.S. cities on your behalf. The airline cost will be included in your final bill from CCSA. In addition to the flight, you will also receive transport to/from the accommodation in the destination city and the airport.
You can check our currently available departure cities on our departures page CCSA highly recommends this option for those new to international travel.
* All prices are estimates based on prior programs. Final pricing will be published on the CCSA website by the first payment deadline.
- roundtrip air transportation from one of CCSA's designated
U.S. departure cities.
- roundtrip ground transportation between airport and the accommodation site.
- CCSA faculty and staff to guide you through the immigration and customs process.
Not required for U.S. citizens for less than a 3-month stay. Non-U.S. citizens are responsible for obtaining a visa as needed.