The Cooperative Center for Study Abroad – CCSA -- fosters international understanding and enhances the education of students through reasonably priced education abroad opportunities. CCSA has a 30+ year track record of successful summer and winter programs in English-speaking countries. We seek new member institutions with innovative faculty and adventurous students.
CCSA is 501(c)(3) that supports our member institutions by offering the opportunity for students to enroll in and faculty to teach credit-bearing and continuing education unit courses.
Benefits of CCSA
- Complements your existing study abroad and FLSA programs.
- Students may participate on any CCSA program.
- Faculty teach one course per program.
- Ability for your faculty and staff to serve as program directors on CCSA programs.
- CCSA programs are short-term faculty led, 2 to 4 weeks in length during summer and 2 weeks during winter.
- Opens a pool of students from 25 member schools (and beyond) to your faculty's courses.
- Provides per diem, lodging, many meals, and program-related transportation for faculty and program administrators.
- Provides professional development opportunities for faculty and staff.
- Assesses no annual membership fee.
- Works directly with faculty to manage budgeting, payments, course logistical arrangements (entrances, activites) and travel.
- An active academic advisory group to assist faculty in developing their syllabi.
- Provides program administrators to manage the on-site details in coordination with the faculty.
- Provides marketing and outreach material and assistance with student recruitment.
- Offers training and orientation for program administrators and faculty.
Tuition and Course Registration:
- Home-School Credit: Your institution creates the course and registers the student for credit.
- WKU Credit: All students from your institution receive credit and a transcript from CCSA's host intitution - Western Kentucky University. CCSA handles course creation, registration, grade entry and delivery of post-program transcript. Student pay a flat $100 fee to CCSA for registration and transcript, but are waived all tuition.
- Hybrid: Students from your institution taking a course taught by your faculty receive credit from your institution. Students from your institution taking courses taught by faculty from a different CCSA school follow the "WKU Credit" path.
Campus Representatives. Members name a Campus Representative; the advocate who is instrumental to CCSA's success on your campus.
- Full Membership. Full access for students and faculty to CCSA courses. Representation on Board of Trustees. One-time membership fee of $4,000.
- Associate Membership. Four year term. Full access for students and faculty to CCSA courses. Representation on Board of Trustees. Discounted membership fee of $2,000.
- Affiliate Membership. Three year term. No membership fee for first 20 affiliate members. Full access for students and faculty to CCSA course