Australia is known for its stark beauty, bustling cities, and unique wildlife. Australia is also a land with abundant resources. So what happens when converging forces cause wildfires throughout a nation that is almost the size of the United States. How do local and regional authorities marshal the resources needed to combat the fires? And how do they determine what to do after the fires are out?
Australia’s bout of wildfires forever changed the landscape and how local communities manage their natural resources. CCSA students and faculty will meet people in Australia tasked with disaster recovery and mitigation as a lesson for all on how local, national and global decision-making impacts not only one community, but potentially, people around the globe. The program schedule includes multiple nights in Sydney and Melbourne, along with class activities outside these urban areas.
*Cancel for any reason prior to December 1, 2020, and receive a Full Refund.
** The Australian Experience is part of a new multimodal global learning program. The hybrid program incorporates virtual learning content and online discussions with an intense on-site experience. A combination of faculty-guided and student-developed activities will explore the similarities and differences of a particular discipline in each student’s home community with that of people in and around Australia. **
For more information visit the link HERE
- Accommodations: Included.
- Course-related activities and entrances fees
- All course-related ground transportation
- Additional cultural program excursions
- Health and emergency evacuation insurance
- Program directors and staff on-site 24/7
Required — Group Travel
Estimated Cost: $1545 – $1745
Travel together with faculty, staff and other participants from your CCSA program with our group travel. CCSA will purchase a airline ticket from select U.S. cities on your behalf. The airline cost will be included in your final bill from CCSA. In addition to the flight, you will also receive transport to/from the accommodation in the destination city and the airport.
You can check our currently available departure cities on our departures page CCSA highly recommends this option for those new to international travel.
* All prices are estimates based on winter-spring 2019 costs. Final pricing will be published on the CCSA website by May 2020.
- roundtrip air transportation from one of CCSA's designated
U.S. departure cities.
- roundtrip ground transportation between airport and the accommodation site.
- CCSA faculty and staff to guide you through the immigration and customs process.
Not required for U.S. citizens for less than a 3-month stay. Non-U.S. citizens are responsible for obtaining a visa as needed.