Dr. John Alberti teaches and writes about movies, popular culture, writing, and literature at Northern Kentucky University, where he is chair of the English department. He has taught classes in London as part of CCSA since 1994 and loves introducing new groups of students to British culture and history. HIs books include a forthcoming essay collection called "Transforming Harry: The Adaptation of Harry Potter in the Transmedia Age," based on his NKU and CCSA courses on Harry Potter. In addition to Harry Potter, he also has published books on the Simpsons, the history of American cinema, and gender in the romantic comedy. A native Californian, he received his BA in English from the University of Southern California and his PhD from the University of California Los Angeles. He enjoys reading, watching movies, binge watching peak TV, travel, and playing music.
- Can count for upper division literature credit and film studies credit
- Many schools will accept the course for general education credit
- Visit important Harry Potter narrative and filming sites in and around London
- Perfect for English majors
- Visit The Making of Harry Potter studio tour